Flick & Son began life in 1833, making it one of the longest established estate agencies in Suffolk.
The company was formed by Samuel Flick who started what became a family business that would span five generations.
Flick & Son thrived as land agents and auctioneers from their first branch office at the Old Bank House in Saxmundham.
Samuel’s son, Robert took over the business in 1883 and the company diversified into farming alongside their existing business.
By 1900 Flick & Son was expanding further, opening new branch offices in Aldeburgh and Leiston.
The third generation of the family, Samuel Adolfus Flick would expand the rural client base when he took the reigns.
His own son, Samuel Godfrey Flick, started in the business in 1926 on his 21st birthday.
His time at Flick & Son was punctuated by the Second World War when Samuel joined the army.
The company continued trading in his absence but the branch office in Aldeburgh was closed.
By 1959 Tony Flick had joined his father in the business, continuing the family line that had spanned more than a century.
In 1963, Tony went into partnership with Ray Leeming, a Chartered Surveyor. The pair operated together for more than 25 years, during which time Flick & Son moved from the Old Bank House in Saxmundham to its current home at Ashford House.
In 1989, Tony Flick and Ray Leeming sold Flick & Son to William H Brown, which is where the line to today’s management team starts.
In 1995, Peter Watson, Chris Burrell-Saward and Richard Leeming successfully negotiated a management buyout from William H Brown, making Flick & Son an independent estate agent once again.
Since taking over the company, Flick & Son has added branch offices in Southwold and Halesworth where a third director, Mark Stewart, joined the company in 2003.
Flick & Son celebrated 175 years in business in 2008 by being awarded both Estate Agent and Letting Agent of the Year prizes for the Eastern region.
Today, Flick & Son continues to build on the strengths that have made the company great for more than 180 years; fully qualified staff, professional experience and unrivalled local knowledge.